Monday, March 30, 2009

Week 3 Journal Entry

We got our body buggs on Monday and started using them Tuesday. We had to adjust some things a bit this week to fit the body bugg requirements. For instance, Jay needs to burn 4500 calories a day and eat 2000 calories a day to lose 5 pounds a week. I have to eat 1700 and burn 2700 to lose 2 pounds a week. 

So, Jay discovered that with his normal daily rountine and then working out 1 hour extra each day, he is easily burning his calories if not doing even more each day (sometimes he burns 5500 calories in a day - it's just not fair! :) 

I discovered that I have to work my behind off just to burn my 2700 calories. We have a coaching session scheduled with body bugg this week to work out the kinks. I think I am going to change it to eating 1500 calories and burning 2500 calories in a day. It's more my speed!

EXERCISE

One noteworthy thing this week - Jay and I both feel that our lungs are really developing. We have been working out for 3 weeks straight and now when we get our heart rate up, we don't feel like our lungs are going to explode. If we run out of energy now, it's usually due to our muscles giving out rather than our lungs. 

2 comments: